Zillow Group just enhanced its quality of listings by a dramatic degree.
Zillow Group has announced direct-feed agreements with California Regional MLS (the largest MLS in the country) and 17 additional MLS partners, in addition to direct feeds with two of the largest real estate franchisors in the country, Realogy and Keller Williams.
The news confirms our main prediction from when Zillow’s acquisition of Trulia was first announced, which was that the combined company would be able to leverage its overwhelming market share and add more direct feeds to its syndication business.
Greg Schwartz, Zillow Group’s chief revenue officer, spoke glowingly of the new direct feeds.
“It’s great to see so many of our MLS partners appreciate the value in building a relationship with Zillow and Trulia,” Schwartz said. “We’ve already been able to create a total of more than 20 new direct agreements with MLSs, which means they are guaranteed uninterrupted service to two of the most trafficked real estate websites and suites of mobile apps just as home shopping season is getting underway.”
Meanwhile, Art Carter, the CEO of California Regional MLS, emphasized how the direct feed will ensure that listing data remains intact.
“The CRMLS board of directors is diligent in ensuring our brokerage community is empowered through choices and protections made available to them via the MLS,” Carter said. “It is imperative that our brokers’ choices in delivering data to the Zillow Group remain intact. CRMLS and the Zillow Group have taken the initiative to ensure that data will continue to be delivered on our subscribers’ behalf.”
The full list of new MLS feeds runs from coast to coast:
- Alaska MLS – Anchorage, Alaska
- California Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. – Los Angeles, Calif.
- Golden Isles Association of REALTORS® – Brunswick, Ga.
- Greater Lansing Association of REALTORS – Greater Lansing, Mich.
- Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS – Las Vegas, Nev.
- Gulf Coast MLS – Mobile, Ala.
- MIBOR Service Corporation – Indianapolis, Ind.
- Middle Georgia MLS – Macon, Ga.
- North Central Mississippi Realtors – Oxford, Miss.
- North Carolina Mountains MLS – Fletcher, NC
- Northern New England Real Estate Network– Concord, NH
- Northwest Mississippi Association of REALTORS – Nesbit, Miss.
- Russellville BOR – Russellville, Ark.
- Santa Fe Association of REALTORS Inc. – Santa Fe, NM
- South Central Board of REALTORS – Rolla, Mo.
- Tillamook County MLS – Tillamook, Ore.
- Western Arizona Realtors Data Exchange – Lake Havasu City, Ariz.
- Wilkes County Association of Realtors – North Wilkesboro, NC
In addition to those feeds, 26 new MLS partners have signed direct agreements with Trulia in the past three weeks, and in total, 125 MLSs throughout the U.S. have the ability to send listings directly to Trulia, including 45 of the 50 largest.