Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with George Cuevas, the founder of Agent Redefined, who shared with us his strategies for creating great videos.
8. Invest in a smartphone-capable tripod.
7. Purchase a microphone and a microphone adapter that will hook up to the audio jack on your iPhone or smartphone.
6. Set up a YouTube channel with your name and a cover page.
5. Create videos that run in correlation with your blogging and the rest of your online presence.
4. Watch the tape. It’s the toughest thing to do sometimes, but if you watch yourself on video, you start seeing all the things that you like and you don’t like.
3. Get in front of a camera and start filming. Alleviate any fears or any doubts about how you’re going to look or sound on there. Just get yourself some time in front of the camera and start getting out your message – get some practice time.
2. Watch other Realtors’ videos. In order to get better at videos, you must see it being done in practice; you must see someone do it. It helps you develop a vision, because you have to find out how you want yourself to be presented online, how you want to talk and how you want to look.
1. Have a message. If someone were to find your video online, what should they expect to get out of the video? Have a point to whatever it is your saying.
George Cuevas, the founder of Agent Redefined, provides training, website solutions and marketing consultations to Realtors, teams and brokerages.