According to the National Association of Realtors, homebuyers seek video when shopping for their new place because it allows them to find out more about a community, tour the inside of a home, compare features and understand specific features of the home or community.
Unsurprisingly, the association also found that YouTube is the top video research destination for home shoppers. So, if you’re a real estate agent or homebuilder, why wouldn’t you want to create a YouTube channel dedicated to your product? Not only are you appealing to buyers’ visual nature, but you are also creating a platform that is selling for you 24/7 and has the opportunity to go viral.
Ready to start sharing videos? Here’s a few ways to utilize YouTube:
- Post tours of your listings, new homes and community to provide buyers will the full tour experience from the comfort of their own home.
- Make yourself a go-to expert on your local neighborhood, home maintenance, home decorating, the local market, industry trends or any other related topic.
- Have a new advertising campaign? Be sure to post your videos.
- Give buyers an “inside look” into the building process by posting video updates of a new home’s construction. If you’re designing a model home, you could also do a similar series for the design process.
- Have happy homeowners? Recognize them with a video! The same goes for creating video testimonials, which are a powerful marketing tool.
While posting videos to your YouTube channel on a regular basis is important, it’s also important to create conversation and involvement. Seek out other home builders, real estate agents, local HBAs or related organizations, homeowners or local businesses to connect with, and then be sure to comment on their videos, share them, rate them, subscribe to their channel or add them to a playlist.
YouTube is the perfect social media network for not only finding and educating potential buyers, but also entertaining them. Now that you have the basics, it’s time to show that world what you’ve got!
Mitch Levinson, MIRM, CAPS, CGP, CSP is managing partner with Marketing RELEVANCE and the author of “Internet Marketing: The Key to New Home Sales” published by BuilderBooks. He is an Internet marketing expert with expertise in search engine optimization, website development, email marketing, social media and CRM consulting services. If you’re looking to improve your online presence through website development or mobile website design, contact Marketing RELEVANCE or connect with Mitch Levinson on Google+.