Sure, the idea of branching out on your own and being the one in charge is glamorous, but are you really ready for everything that managing your own brokerage entails? Find out by taking our quiz.
- You have resources to cover costs for a franchise or your own start-up.
- You don’t like the idea of having layered management.
- You are willing to work long hours.
- You have researched the best ways to recruit top-producing agents.
- You have weighed your options in terms of costs and management for both a franchise and a start-up.
- You have a trusted mentor you can talk to about this decision.
- You can delegate responsibilities effectively.
- You are open to the idea of not selling and coaching other agents.
If you’ve circled more “True” than “False” answers, then you’re on your way to a good start. If you’ve circled more “False” answers, you’d better do more research to find what the best option is for you – or you might decide that managing others isn’t for you quite yet.