Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Matt Laricy, the managing partner of the Matt Laricy Group at Americorp Real Estate, for his tips on social media marketing.
5. Don’t complain about your clients or competitors. No one likes a smear campaign. No one likes a complainer.
4. Do engage your customers. Post cool topics/articles that have to do with the area you specialize in. Curbed/DNA/CribChatter/etc. crush it in readers because it posts information about topics people want to read. Be the customers resource.
3. Don’t ask for business. If you do it right, people will know what you do. Ever go to a department store and you get asked for help from everyone in the place? You end up leaving and buying something online. Don’t be the person that turns your potential customers off.
2. Don’t post something unless you would want to read it. You’re busy today? Working on a Saturday? No kidding? How many people post “Happy Monday! Working at my desk 9-5.” None, huh? Selling is your job – no need to tell people how busy you are.
1. Do something different. Be creative. This is the place to separate yourself from the pack. Think Big.
Matt Laricy is the managing partner of the Matt Laricy Group at Americorp Real Estate, and is one of Chicago’s top real estate professionals. In the top 1 percent for sales in Chicago, Matt is also one of Realtor Magazine’s “30 under 30,” an Agents’ Choice award recipient and a member of Chicago Agent’s Who’s Who. Matt is also a board member of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and has helped the charity raise thousands of dollars for children in need.