Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Jenny Sepulveda, the founder/CEO of Luxe Marketing and Sales, for her top tips for working with luxury clients.
Here are some things I’ve learned along with way in working with luxury clients:
5. Be Knowledgeable – Regardless of the client’s price range, you need to know the market and your clients needs, and be an excellent source of both general and specific information.
4. Embody the Luxe Life – Working with luxury clients can come with a pressure to maintain high standards. For me, I find it easier to keep those high standards not only in my professional life, but my personal life as well. There’s a need for personal appeal.
3. Be Available – Be responsive, be available and be early. There’s no quicker turn-off for a luxury client than a late Realtor who doesn’t stay in communication.
2. Luxury is the Details – Luxury clients tend to expect you to go above and beyond for them, so don’t disappoint! There are so many things you can do to impress and make a life-long client that sends referrals your way. Every encounter is a chance to do a little more.
1. Work Hard – Luxury real estate is demanding. Don’t go into a luxury client deal without knowing that you cannot do this part-time. Go all in!
Jenny Sepulveda is the founder and CEO of Luxe Marketing and Sales, a real estate company located in Chicago’s Bucktown neighborhood. She specializes in luxury residential real estate, while also fulfilling the needs of her own not-for-profit organization that mentors young girls to foster self-esteem, nutrition and education. Jenny was also featured in Chicago Agent magazine’s “Who’s Who in Real Estate” edition issues from 2009-2012.