Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Eric Workman, the vice president of sales for MACK Companies.
5. Translation Services – For international clients, be sure to partner with a strong translation service to help you navigate the differences in language and currency.
4. Be Flexible – While clients will often travel to your home base to view properties, be flexible and consider traveling for face-time in their city.
3. Coordinate Schedules – Be sure you’re accessible during business hours within your clients’ time zones.
2. Best Face Forward – Establishing trust with out-of-town clients requires you to provide a lot of upfront information on both you and your firm. Make sure your digital and offline collateral materials effectively communicate your firm’s services, competitive advantages and reputation.
1. Long-term – After the deal closes, stay in touch with your clients by sharing information that’s relevant to them, send holiday cards or call when you’re in town.
Eric Workman is vice president of sales for MACK Companies, and is responsible for sales, marketing, leasing and acquisitions for commercial and residential properties. Eric was recently named by National Real Estate Investor as one of the “10 Key Figures Shaping the Commercial Real Estate Industry.”