On Feb. 22, Chicago residents be able to cast their vote for the new mayor of Chicago. However, based on what you know right now, we want to hear who Realtors will be voting for when the time comes. If you’re a suburban agent, let us know who you would vote for if you lived in Chicago.
For more information about each candidate, click here.
Who will you vote for in Chicago's Mayoral election this February?
- Wilfredo De Jesus (55%, 216 Votes)
- Rahm Emanuel (26%, 101 Votes)
- Gerry Chico (7%, 26 Votes)
- Other (4%, 15 Votes)
- Danny K. Davis (4%, 14 Votes)
- James Meeks (3%, 10 Votes)
- Carol Moseley Braun (2%, 7 Votes)
- Miguel del Valle (2%, 6 Votes)
- Ryan Graves (0%, 0 Votes)
- William "Dock" Walls III (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 395
Any Republican would get my vote. If no republicans run anybody but Rahm. He is not to be trusted.
No one will win this February. Candidate needs 50% plus one to win in February. There will be aq runoff between the two top February vote-getters in April.
Anybody but a Republican.
1. Republicans will close O’hare and open a downstate farm as the new airpot
2. Republicans will chase away all the minorities, including Hispanics,Blacks,Muslims from Chicago.
3. Republicans will copy the Arizona Immigration law in Chicago
4. Republicans will fill the entire city with High Rises and will get rid of all the minority churches and institutions
5. Republicans will bring back the George Bush style economy with the subsequent recession to Chicago
6. Republicans will make Sarah Palin as the honorary Chicago mayor for life.
A Republican and or Gery Chico…If Rahm wins I will have lost all faith in the voters’ who will have put him into power…The Obama New World Order of “change” and HIS force upon all types of tactics based upon Socialism and his tendencies regarding Islam and our own borders with the Mexico situation will be carried out by Emanuel…We need a real tough leader! Also, when Obama loses his chance at his second 4 years he will be back in Chicago and will join Emanuel in the same old Chicago politics…We do need change but not, “loose change” and the rah rah buzz words that obama used to get Obamacare etc through…They are tied at the hip so look out!!!!
Read Michelle Malkins book, “Culture of Corruption”…OBAMA AND HIS TEAM OF TAX CHEATS, CROOKS, AND CRONIES…
Freeman, your comment is outrageous, but argued like a true liberal…all over the top points but no substance. Why do you think a Republican would do all those things. I’m a Republican and just may have to through my hat in the race for mayor based upon your comment alone.
1. I would never close O’Hare…that would be insanity.
2. How xenophobic can you get. Our strength lies in our diversity and common goal of be FREE (not living in a socialized state.
3. I (and I believe Republicans in general) just want to see existing laws enforced. Nothing more and nothing less.
4. Zoning laws would prevent them from building high rises. As far as minority churches and institutions, well again this speaks to our strength in diversity. Who would want a bland city with nothing but the churches and institutions of one segment of that society.
5. No one has put the City of Chicago into a worse financial hell than 50 straight years of Democratic Party rule. Wouldn’t you like to see real estate taxes come down? Wasteful city spending eradicated? An end to “no bid contracts” and I could go on and on.
6. This is a stink bomb at which thinking people will yawn and doesn’t even need a response.
Is there even a Republican candidate who has thrown his/her hat in the ring?
Kaufman,I have a question for you. Do you know why Republicans oppose making Sunday the day for Elections, like in many other countries? Because they don’t want to make it easy for the minorities to flock to the polling booths.
Another fact: they do not like Muslims,they do not like Catholics,they do not like Jews,Hispanics and other minorities- in other words, they hate the entire population of Chicago.
That is precisely the reason, they all moved to the suburbs.
Isn’t it true that they couldn’t live in harmony with the city population,so they moved out. Now that the city is working better, they want to come back! Republicans, we want you to stay away. We need to live here. This is our city.
Wilfredo De Jesus will be getting my vote parise god for him he will lead us to great thing to come
I agree with Freeman 100% there has been so much said about the minorities, but yet the minorities votes are what are saught the most, we live in a bi-racial society where people have gotten together not because of their color but for eachothers hearts, and the republicans have always tried to ridicule them, and turn them against eachother, yet when election time comes minorities are the first ones they seek. I stand behind a man who’s trust has been put to the test by God for a long time. why is it that republicans only think about feeding the homeless, or pretending to fix the same streets at election time. This man that i speak of has done it without expecting anything in return for many, many years.minorities have been predictable for so long, that is the only reason why the republicans have won for so long, but things have change, and our voices will be heard, out with the old and in with the New! “In God we Trust” as you all put it on the currency, start believing it. God bless
We cannot solve the problems of CPS and the education system with the same tired policies. We need to identify new possibilities of improving our existing schools and their impact on local neighborhoods. The community (including parents & other leaders) needs to be part of the equation. The time is now for a fresh vision; the time is now to elect Wilfredo De Jesus for Mayor of Chicago!
May God continue to bless this great city! Rev. Wilfredo ‘Choco’ DeJesus is a passionate, dependable, “get it done” kind of leader and I’m honored to cast my vote for him.
Make sure you vote! Thank God for people like him who have a good heart!
My vote goes to Wilfredo de Jesus he’s been working hard for the people in this city for a long time. No canidate can even come close. For almost ten years he’s been sending a team to lower wacker drive to feed the homeless and encourage them to get off the street, if there willing he’s got programs in place, one of those programs is a farm called New Life For Women that he actually ran a marathon to raise the money for. Thanks to this man(Wilferdo De Jesus) hundreds of women have been rescued from the streets and are NOW living healthy and productive lives in the city of Chicago, all because one man was willing to stand in the gap. There’s one thing he says all the time “with revelation comes responsability” this is not a man that runs from responsability that’s what Chicago needs a tough leader that is fiscally responsible, and cares about people. That man is Wilfredo de Jesus. He is also responsible for Hope Fest an event that is going on it’s fifth or sixth year. This event was created to help the families straggaling to feed there kids or send them to school with proper school supplies at each event 100,000 lbs. of grocery are handed out to the people of Chicago six thousand backpacks full of school supplies. In addition to this he has adopted five schools thanks to Wilfredo de Jesus no child in these five schools goes without a hat, coat,scarf or gloves. I can go on and on Bottom line noone when comparing apples to apples can stand near Wilfredo de Jesus.
THE TIME IS NOW!!!!
Now is the time for our voices to be heared.
THE TIME IS NOW DEJESUS WILL CHANGE THE WAY THIS CITY IS RUN AND HE WILL HAVE MY FAMILIES VOTE AS WELL AS MINE AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO STAND BY HIM AS MAYOR AS HE WILL BE THE ONE WHO HELPS INSTEAD OF BEING PART OF THE PROBLEM…. WE HAVE YOUR BACK PASTOR CHOCO
wilfriedo dejesus is a honest men. he works hard with the people needs . WE NEED a new person in the major office that well make the change to the city of chicago.NOW is the time to make that CHANGE.
CHICAGO NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE THE CHANGE IN THE CITY OF CHICAGO.WE NEED A MEN THAT BRINGS NEW CHANGES IS THE MAN THAT WE NEED.
NOT RAHM, HE’S A CARPEBAGGER AND WON’T DO THE CITY ANY GOOD. GO FOR GERY CHICO