The new construction market in Oak Park is busy in 2016, with a number of high-profile projects underway.
As Chicago Curbed detailed, the Vantage Oak Park high-rise is nearly completed, Oak Park Station is following close behind, and a third un-named project is on its way.
Key details about the projects include:
- The Vantage Oak Park 21-story development will feature 270 apartments and a podium roof available for the residents.
- An old parking garage near the Vantage development will be renovated while construction is completed.
- The active construction closer to Harlem Avenue and Lake Street will become Oak Park Station, and is expected to rise 20 stories.
- Being directly next to the combined Chicago Transit Authority and Metra station, Oak Park Station will serve as a terminal for the Green Line.
- What used to be Colt site, a village-owned parking lot, is scheduled to be repurposed into 271 apartments and 428 parking spaces; the un-named development will be 12 stories with 250 units.
Vantage Oak Park is currently setting up pre-leasing for July move-ins. Oak Park Station’s date is yet to be released, and the un-named construction project will break ground the spring of 2017.
Photo Credit: Zol87, Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Oak_Park_Metra_Station.jpg