Nominees for the 15th annual Webby Awards were announced this morning, with numerous candidates emerging from the real estate industry.
The Webby Awards cover four different categories: “Websites,” “Interactive Advertising,” “Online Film Plus Video” and “Mobile,” each with numerous sub-categories. According to AgentGenius.com, the five real estate companies to be nominated are all for the “Real Estate” sub-category of “Websites”, being: Beirut Terraces, Hotpads, The New York Times Real Estate, Zillow, and Trulia.
AgentGenius says Zillow Mobile is the only real estate company to be nominated outside of the “Website” category, which will be competing in the “Utilities and Service” subcategory of “Mobile,” along with Chase Quick Deposit, the AIM iPhone app, the Petfinder app and the Snow+Rock Pathfinder WP7 app.
Within each category, nominees compete for the “Webby Award” as well as the “People’s Choice” award. AgentGenius points out that, since its addition in 2005, the “Real Estate” sub-category has seen traditional news sources like “The New York Times” nominated, but none have one either award to date.
- 2010: Winner – Hotpads; People’s Choice – Zillow
- 2009: Winner – Trulia; People’s Choice – Hotpads
- 2008: Winner – Zillow; People’s Choice – Trulia
- 2007: Winner – Bankside123.co.uk; People’s Choice – Yahoo! Real Estate
- 2006: Winner – NRDC.org/buildinggreen; People’s Choice – TollBrothers.com
- 2005: Winner – RowsAtSoma.com; People’s Choice – Apartments.com
The 2011 Webby Awards can be viewed online June 13, 2011. Visit http://webby.aol.com/ for more information.
Who do you think will win the best real estate website award? Let us know in the comment box below.