Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Greg Pekarsky, the managing broker/partner of Vesta Preferred Realty.
5. Get involved with your community! I don’t volunteer and do charity work to get clients; however, I’ve gotten a lot of business from my work here. My main word of advice with charity work is do it because you want to, not for the business. The business follows passion.
4. Build an online brand and put out interesting information about your job. Get people engaged on what you do and bring them into your life. This will keep you top-of-mind and will also get you a lot of business. I get a crazy amount of business from social media.
3. Build on what you have. Most people are looking for the quick fix and easy solution like spending money on online advertising. However, the proven and true method is harness what you already built.
2. Sphere of influence. These are the “fans” of your business – your friends and associates that talk about you to their friends/spheres. Harness them to be your walking billboard.
1. Past clients. I spend one to two hours a day contacting my past clients to check in and ask for referrals.
Greg Pekarsky is the managing broker/partner of Vesta Preferred Realty, and one of the National Association of Realtors’ “30 Under 30” for 2012.