Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with David Cieslak, the owner and principal stylist of Signature Staging, who shared with us his top staging tips for under $100.
7. Remove seasonal clothing from closets to show more space.
6. Remove curtains to let as much light in as possible.
5. Clean outdoor areas of debris from last season.
4. Patch and paint cracks and holes in walls.
3. Remove clutter and donate unwanted items.
2. Change all burnt out bulbs.
1. Clean your house from top to bottom.
The owner and principal stylist of Signature Staging, David Cieslak is the former vice president of the Chicago Chapter of the Real Estate Staging Association (RESA); he was a RESA Stager of the Year Nominee for the Midwest in 2012, and in 2013, his properties totaled more than $65 million.