Thirty-two agents in the Chicago metropolitan area were featured in the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals’ (NAHREP) first ever ranking of the top Latino real estate agents in the United States.
For its list, which ranks the nation’s top 250 Latino real estate agents by transaction totals, NAHREP studied local MLS market data, and an independent consultant analyzed the sales data of more than 10,000 agents.
Latino Real Estate Agents & Hispanic Homebuyers
Gerardo “Jerry” Ascencio, the president of NAHREP, said that the significance of the association’s list will only grow in the future as more Latino real estate agents join the fray.
“This is the first ever recorded list of the nation’s top producing Latino real estate agents and a sign of what’s to come,” Ascencio said. “With Latinos emerging as a homebuyer force in the nation’s housing market, the significance of this list of performers is going to grow exponentially.”
And Chicago Agent has filed numerous stories supporting Ascencio’s statements on the growing significance of Hispanic homebuyers in the U.S. real estate markets. The most recent homeownership data for the second quarter is perhaps the strongest evidence yet – in a quarter when white and black households declined, Hispanic households grew, forming 453,000 new owner households and accounting for 53 percent of hew households among American minorities.
The homeownership rate for Latinos has been grown from 4.1 million owner households in 2000 to 6.7 million in 2012, a 63 percent increase; and, the Hispanic homebuyer demographic is only expected to grow: purchasing power for Hispanics is expected to grow by 50 percent to $1.6 trillion in the next two years, and in the next 10 years, they’re expected to make up 40 percent of new households.
Top Latino Real Estate Agents in Chicago
But, without further or due, here are the highest performing Latino real estate agents based in the Chicagoland area. Here’s now the info is laid out – we have the agent’s ranking in NAHREP’s list, followed by the agent’s name, office, and finally, the agent’s number of transactions in 2011.
25) Robert Padron; RE/MAX Cityview; 197
37) Gaspar Flores; Su Familia Real Estate; 141
39) Angel Aguilar; RE/MAX Platinum; 138
43) Marisa Barragan; Compass Realtors, Inc.;
52) Felipe Carrillo; Kettley & Co, Realtors; 112
71) Mina Munoz; RE/MAX 200; 86
77) Arcenio Salinas; Crosstown Realty; 81
78) Maria Castillo; Era Mi Casa Real Estate; 81
79) Martha Corral; Century 21 Pro-Team; 80
80) Leo Lopez; State Banc Real Estate Brokerage, Inc.; 79
95) Peter Dominguez; Centrury 21 Pro-Team; 70
116) Maria Rodriguez; RE/MAX Partners; 62
122) Carlos Salinas; Pav Realtors; 59
127) Cuper Quintana; Kettley & Co. Realtors; 58
129) Salvador Gonzalez; Era Mi Casa Real Estate; 56
134) Simon Cruz; V.I.P. Real Estate, Ltd., 54
149) Basilio Jimenez; Baird & Warner; 51
159) Joe Castillo; Era Mi Casa Real Estate; 49
160) Jorge Delgado; Tanis Group Realty; 49
161) Pedro Porcayo; Porcayo & Associates Realty; 49
169) Israel Ballesteros; RE/MAX Horizon; 48
172) Jorge Mariscal; Pav Realtors; 47
173) Luis Campoverde; RE/MAX Skyline; 47
178) Joe Contreras; Karges Realty; 46
179) Mario Carrillo; Kettley & Co, Realtors; 46
192) Araceli Corral; Arco Realty; 44
193) Dario Medina; Redfin Corporation; 44
194) Rigoberto Garcia; Grinker & Garcia Real Estate; 44
215) Tomas Gomez; RE/MAX Showcase; 42
230) Gloria Ulloa; RE/MAX 10; 40
239) Luigui Corral; RE/MAX United; 36
243) Juan Peralta; Panamerican Real Estate Inc.; 35
Natalie Terchek also contributed reporting to this article.