BuildingGreen LLC, publisher of the “GreenSpec Directory” and “Environmental Building News,” have named the 2008 Top-10 Green Building Products. This seventh annual award, announced at the U.S. Green Building Council’s Greenbuild Conference in Boston, recognizes exciting products drawn from additions to the “GreenSpec Directory” and coverage in “Environmental Building News.” “Our selections of the Top-10 Green Building Products represent a wide range of product types in many different application areas,” notes BuildingGreen president Alex Wilson. There are a particularly large number of interior products in this year’s group of winners: the first FSC-certified and formaldehyde-free bamboo flooring, doors made with wheat-straw particleboard, a line of zero-VOC paint, a transparent finish produced from a byproduct of cheese making and a line of organic fabrics. Three of the products this year save energy, including a low-cost, solar water-heating system; a combination heating, water heating and heat-recovery ventilation system; and a system for monitoring real-time energy (and water) use in buildings. Water saving products are represented by a line of rainwater storage tanks — the first rainwater storage equipment ever recognized in the Top-10 lists. Fully half of the products on the list are green in part because they are made from natural, rapidly renewable or agricultural waste materials; natural materials often require significantly less energy to manufacture. A new compressed-earth masonry block is particularly noteworthy in this regard. “Most of the Top-10 products this year have multiple environmental attributes,” says Wilson. BuildingGreen’s Top-10 product selections, as in previous years, are drawn from new additions to the company’s GreenSpec product directory. More than 200 product listings have been added to the GreenSpec database during the past year. “New products seem to be appearing all the time, making it a challenge for our staff to keep up,” says Wilson. The GreenSpec database the company maintains now includes more than 2,000 product listings. “Designers of LEED buildings are looking for green products, and manufacturers are responding,” says Wilson. Listed in no particular order: 1. Integrity Block’s Compacted Earth Block 2. Fsc-Certified Plyboo Pure Bamboo Flooring From Smith & Fong 3. Natura Paint By Benjamin Moore 4. Rainwater HOG’s Storage Tanks 5. Agilewaves’ Resource Monitor 6. Safe ‘N Sound Emerald Doors By Masonite 7. Matrix Total Home System By NTI 8. O Ecotextiles’ Natural-Fiber Fabrics 9. SunCache Solar Water Heating System By Harpiris Energy 10. PolyWhey Floor Finish By Vermont Natural Coatings GreenSpec is a national directory of green building products, while Environmental Building News, founded in 1992, is the oldest and most widely respected newsletter in the green building field. For information on BuildingGreen resources, visit BuildingGreen.com or call 800.861.0954.
Technology can power deals, facilitate relationship building and help agents run their businesses more efficiently. In our new issue, we look at the major trends defining the tech that is available to agents today, and the coming changes that agents must be on top of to get ahead of the game.
Our Top 5 Stories
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
- Pending home sales are now at their highest level in 10 years: https://t.co/mnI35kKLGY 03:25:08 PM May 26, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New research from RealtyTrac has found that the gender gap extends into real estate. https://t.co/QAHl3J1cVf https://t.co/zuJJju1pkS 03:16:56 PM May 26, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Pending home sales have reached their highest level in over a decade, according to new analysis from @realtors: https://t.co/mnI35kKLGY 11:15:23 AM May 26, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Chicago was named No. 2 for living destination in U-Haul’s Top 50 U.S Destination Cities for 2015: https://t.co/enKpvWhOoQ 04:25:06 PM May 25, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Chicago's job openings and median base salary makes it one of top 25 best U.S. cities for jobs: https://t.co/Kd3X3WdQhl 03:13:13 PM May 25, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite