Though it didn’t feature the in-person glitz and glamour of years past due to COVID-19, CAR turned out a successful and lively virtual Inaugural Gala for its 137th year! Held via Facebook Live on Thursday, October 29, CAR installed its board of directors and honored its Realtor Award winners. The evening kicked off with Tommy Choi, dressed in a snazzy tux over Zoom, who co-hosted the evening with Amir Syed.
Though 2020 has been a challenging and unprecedented year, Realtors have stepped up to the challenges they’ve faced, and the 2020 Realtor Award winners have been key players in supporting their communities and the real estate industry. Nominated by their peers due to their positive impact on their communities, these recipients have given the Chicagoland real estate community a reason to be proud!
The 2020 Realtor Awards recipients are:
- Realtor of the Year Award: Tommy Choi, Keller Williams Chicago – Lincoln Park
- Realtor Achievement: Nancy Suvarnamani, CENTURY 21 S.G.R., Inc.
- Realtor Achievement – Commercial: Tony Hardy, Keller Williams Chicago – Lincoln Park
- Realtor Community Service: Lutalo McGee, Ani Real Estate
- Affiliate of the Year: Michael Bencks, Guaranteed Rate
- Managing Broker of the Year (1-50 Licensees): Lewis Jones, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Managing Broker of the Year (51+ Licensees): Mario DiLorenzo, Keller Williams Chicago – O’Hare
- Managing Broker of the Year (51+ Licensees): Natalie Carpenter, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Brian A. Bernardoni Political Advocacy Award: John Vranas, Vranas Ventures, Inc.
The Association also formally inducted its 2020-2021 Board of Directors, including its first African-American woman, and a group of all-female officers. They include:
- President: Nykea Pippion McGriff, Coldwell Banker Realty
- President-Elect: Antje Gehrken, A.R.E. Partners
- Treasurer: Sarah Ware, Ware Realty Group
- Immediate Past President: Maurice Hampton, Centered International Realty