Real estate agents, staff and community partners of Baird & Warner, Chicago’s largest independent real estate brokerage firm, are collaborating in support USA WEEKEND’s 20th annual Make A Difference Day occurring this weekend, Oct. 23 and 24.
Make a Difference Day is a national day of helping others and was created by USA WEEKEND Magazine; it occurs annually in October and engages millions of volunteers nationwide to take part in community-based projects on a single day. This year, Baird & Warner is collaborating with community organizations throughout the area on this national day of service as follows:
• Barrington (754 West Northwest Highway). Conducting a LifeSource blood drive and food drive.
• Chicago City North (4040 N. Lincoln Ave.). Participating in a “Green Thumbs” program with the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
• Chicago Loop (120 S. LaSalle). Hosting a collection drive for Housing Opportunities for Women.
• Chicago Gold Coast (737 N. Michigan Ave. #1800). Volunteering for the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
• Chicago Lincoln Park (2762 N. Lincoln Avenue). Volunteering for the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
• Chicago Near Northwest (5430 W. Devon Avenue). Conducting a coat and food drive for the New Hope Food Pantry.
• Des Plaines (1350 E. Touhy Avenue). Conducting a coat drive for WINGS.
• Evanston (2926 Central Street). Painting and cleaning for Connections for the Homeless.
• Northwest Suburban (210 West Northwest Highway, Arlington Heights). Conducting a food drive for Shelter, Inc.
• Orland Park (9145 West 151st Street). Conducting a warm clothing drive.
• Palatine (819 N. Quentin Rd. / Northwest Highway). Participating in a benefit for WINGS.
• Schaumburg (11 West Schaumburg Road). Conducting a coat drive for WINGS and a food drive for the Schaumburg Food Pantry.
• South Suburban (3236 Vollmer, Olympia Fields). Conducting a food drive for Respond Now.
• Winnetka (714 Elm Street). Conducting a food drive.
• Naperville (836 West 75th Street). Conducting a food drive for the Naperville Food Pantry.
• Fox Valley (962 S. Randall Road). Helping “Feed the starving children” and collecting old cell phones for abused women.
• Highland Park (1920 Sheridan Road). Conducting a coat drive for A Safe Place.
• Lake Forest (207 E. Westminster Street). Conducting food drive.
• Far Northwest Suburban (6500 Northwest Highway, Crystal Lake). Involved in “Pedal for PADS.”
• North Randall (2255 Randall Road, Carpentersville). Conducting a needs drive for PADS.
“We at Baird & Warner are dedicated to serving those in our communities in which our employees and agents live and work,” said Stephen W. Baird, president and chief executive officer of Baird & Warner. “Make a Difference Day is an extraordinary opportunity for us to collaborate with friends, family, and community partners to offer positive impact on a local level.”
In 2006, Baird & Warner received a national award winner from USA Weekend Magazine for its Make A Difference Day efforts. The real estate brokerage firm has contributed time, talent and treasure every year to this national effort.
For more information, visit: www.bairdwarner.com.