Residential real estate management consulting and research firm T3 Sixty released its annual list of real estate’s most-powerful and influential leaders and executives, the Swanepoel Power 200.
T3 researchers analyzed company performance, personal bios and influence, company organization charts and calls with industry leaders to develop its list.
This year, HomeServices of America President and CEO Gino Blefari took the top spot. T3 noted that HSA owns the third-largest brokerage in the U.S. and the fifth-largest franchise brand in parent Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices. Since taking the helm at HSA in 2019, Blefari has led the company’s efforts to modernize its technology platform and bring its disparate brokerage brands closer together, T3 said.
Including Blefari, the 10 most-powerful people in real estate in 2023 are:
1. Gino Blefari, HomeServices of America president and CEO.
2. Gary Keller, kwx co-founder and executive chairman.
3. Glenn Sanford, eXp World Holdings founder and CEO.
4. Ryan Schneider, Anywhere Real Estate president and CEO.
5. Richard Barton, Zillow Group co-founder and CEO.
6. Susan Yannaccone, Realogy Franchise Group president and CEO.
7. Hoddy Hanna III, Helen Hanna Casey and Hoby Hanna, Howard Hanna Real Estate leaders.
8. Robert Reffkin, Compass co-founder and CEO.
9. Andy Florance, CoStar Group founder and CEO.
10. Philip Soper, Bridgemarq Real Estate Services president and CEO.