Once operated by the Marine Hospital Service, this building—now on the market for $749,000—awaits restoration or reuse as a single-family home in Galena, Illinois. Included is the U.S. Marine Hospital sign that dates back to when the hospital was built in 1859, as well as the original moulding and trim, which are still present throughout the building’s 63,000 square feet. The hospital, which sits on 10 acres, is one of only two pre-Civil War marine hospitals remaining on an inland waterway system.
Many agents have stories about properties that simply wouldn’t sell. The agents in our cover story have the answers!
Our Top 5 Stories
How Every Real Estate Agent Can Increase Productivity Through 'Timebatching'
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
- Fewer homebuyers are making purchases sight-unseen, the Federal Housing Finance Agency announces new mortgage servi… https://t.co/0tfSI3nlGc 10:10:14 AM October 19, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "After 50 years, we are still having this conversation." At a @ChicagoREALTORS fair housing panel this week, indus… https://t.co/XFP6j3ZMOO 09:22:49 AM October 19, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- As of Q2 2018, 8.7 percent of Chicago-area home loans were considered underwater. That was more than twice the nati… https://t.co/kvd4dzNqxb 11:47:19 AM October 18, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The 5 Chicago suburbs that @Thrillist and @nardotrealtor found most appealing to the new generation of homebuyers a… https://t.co/0pKOHhGMgH 10:18:18 AM October 18, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's only natural for first-time homebuyers to be apprehensive about renovations. But, if they can make their visio… https://t.co/4YxLKBVRNe 03:53:14 PM October 17, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite