It was Benjamin Franklin who once said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” As a real estate agent, being prepared is one of the many secrets to real estate success.
Top real estate agents who are successful tend to lean on a professional real estate photography partner, especially when it comes to preparing for a property photo shoot.
A well-trained real estate photographer makes a photo shoot session easy, fast and stress-free, but to be more prepared, there are a few things an agent can do to make the photo shoot a success.
Here are a few simple tasks a top agent can do to prepare for a photo shoot session.
1. Before the Shoot
- Always be open house ready
- Move any furniture that will help the room photograph its best
- Ensure homeowner hires professional cleaning service as needed
- Bring flowers or plants to brighten a room
- Make a list of the property’s best features
2. Day of the Shoot
- Arrive at least 15–30 minutes before the shoot
- Remove vehicles from the driveway
- Tidy up the backyard
- Turn on all the lights
- Open all the blinds and pull back curtains
Proper Agent Protocol
To build a great partnership with your real estate photographer, here are some tips on how to work better as a team.
- Be available to answer any questions your photographer may have
- Share a list of what you believe are the best features of the property, so the photographer knows exactly what to focus on
- Do a final walkthrough to ensure everything is open-house ready
For a full list of ways to better prepare, download the full Agent’s Guide to Preparing for a Photo Shoot.
Bonus! A photo shoot guide for homeowners
To make a photo shoot session an even bigger success, there are a few things a homeowner can do to help. For tips on how to prepare your clients for a photo shoot session, visit VHT.com to download your go-to Homeowner’s Guide to Preparing for a Photo Shoot.
VHT Studios makes real estate photography fast, easy and convenient. To schedule a photo shoot session, visit VHT.com or call 1-800-790-8687 today.