Richard Smith, the chairman and CEO of Realogy Holdings Corp., is the most powerful person in real estate.
That is according to the Swanepoel 200 list, which ranks the 200 individuals who, in their words, “have the most power and influence to impact the residential real estate brokerage industry.”
This is the third year in a row that Smith has come out on top; Realogy owns half of the top 12 brands in real estate – Coldwell Banker, Century 21, Sotheby’s International Realty, ERA Franchise Systems, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate and ZipRealty – and counts 47,700 real estate professionals and 790 offices in its ranks. Through Sept. 2015, it posted revenue of $3.35 billion, with an annual sales volume of more than $156 billion.
See below for the top 25, and click here for the full 200 list.
- Richard Smith: Chairman and CEO, Realogy Holdings Corp.
- Ron Peltier: Chairman and CEO, HomeServices of America Inc.
- Spencer Rascoff: CEO, Zillow Group
- Gary Keller: Co-founder and chairman, Keller Williams Realty International
- Dale Stinton: CEO, National Association of REALTORS®
- Alex Perriello: President and CEO, Realogy Franchise Group
- Bruce G. Zipf: President and CEO, NRT LLC.
- Dave Liniger: Co-founder, chairman, and CEO, RE/MAX LLC
- Robert Moline: CEO, HomeServices Real Estate Networks
- Budge Huskey: CEO, Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC
- Ryan O’Hara: President and CEO, Move Inc.
- Jim M. Weichert: Chairman, CEO and president, Weichert REALTORS®
- Wesley Foster: Chairman and CEO, Long and Foster Companies
- Rick Davidson: President and CEO, Century 21 Real Estate
- Howard and Helen Casey: Chairman, CEO and president, Hanna Holdings
- Chris Heller & John Davis: CEO and President, Keller Williams Realty International
- Kuba Jewgieniew: Founder and CEO, Realty ONE Group
- Dorothy “Dottie” Herman: President and CEO, Douglas Elliman Real Estate
- Geoff Lewis: President, RE/MAX LLC
- Philip Soper: President and CEO, Royal LePage
- Gino Blefari: CEO, HSF Affiliates LLC
- Paul Hulme: Co-Founder and CEO, Alain Pinel Realtors
- Glenn Kelman: CEO and President, Redfin
- Harold Crye: President and CEO, Crye-Leike Real Estate Services
- Pam O’Connor: President and CEO, Leading Real Estate Companies